Top Website Development Company, Lounge Lizard, Lists the Fundamental Features every website should have
August 11, 2017 --
NEW YORK, N.Y., Aug. 11, 2017 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Lounge Lizard is globally recognized as one of the top website development companies within the web design and development industry. Lounge Lizard's brandtenders are creative, tech-savvy, and passionate in developing innovative strategies that drive conversion for both startup and established clients of all industries, making them the "best of breed since 1998."
There are certain fundamental features that every website should have if the ultimate goal is to have a successful online presence. By definition, fundamental means forming a necessary base or core that is of central importance. If your site is missing any of these essential features then you are doing a disservice to both your business and customers which ultimately will limit the effectiveness of your online endeavors. NY based website development company, Lounge Lizard, lists the fundamental features every website should have.
1. Domain name. First things first, you need to have a good domain name that resonates with people because it is easy to spell, easy to remember and reflects both your business and brand. Some businesses have gotten a bit too cute with domain names selecting ones that aren't spelled like they sound, have a double meaning which can be confusing, or are just simply too long. You want something memorable and to the point.
2. Logo and Tagline. Both the logo and tagline are important parts of your website that help introduce people to who you are. The logo is something that goes beyond just your site as it represents your brand across multiple mediums. On you site it needs to be prominently displayed, using the right colors and basically help users recognize your business with just a glance at your symbol. The tagline goes hand in hand with the logo to help identify the business in some way either by stating a goal or as a slogan like Skittles, "Taste the rainbow". Together they let visitors know where they have landed.
3. Contact information. Contact information is important for two reasons. One, people need to know how and when to get a hold of you either in person, via phone, fax, Face time, or email. Two, providing contact information adds a layer of credibility to your business and website which increases trust. All of your contact information should be included below the fold, which is the term for the bottom of the page, and be placed on every single page including a Contact or About Us page.
4. Good navigation. Having clear, straightforward navigation is a fundamental feature to any successful site. People typically end up at a website because they have a want or need they are trying to fulfill whether that is information, products, or services. No matter what the scenario, once they land on your home page they need to be able to navigate easily so that they don't get lost, frustrated or confused and leave your site without converting. You should have commonly used navigation features that are prominently displayed, easy to find and intuitive to use. Breadcrumb navigation for larger sites is a very good idea along with clear links to other pages and features within the body of pages so people can get where they want to go without unnecessary scrolling.
5. Primary features. Every site will have some sort of primary features that revolve around the products, services, or information that your site provides. Design elements should be used to properly showcase these features making them easily identifiable and engaging.
6. CTA's. The Call to Action is one of the most important features of any site because without those buttons how can people proceed towards conversion? CTA's should be prominently displayed in multiple locations to help ensure users are moved towards the proper destinations. Testing should be used to make sure you have the best number and placement with your CTA's including things like size, color and graphic used.
7. Social media buttons. Many businesses utilize a multi-channel approach to business. Because of this, it is important to have social media buttons on your site which allow and encourage social media interaction with visitors.
8. Social proof. Social proof is one of the more powerful tools of business which can help customers make a decision on whether or not to convert. Testimonials, reviews and other forms of feedback provide valuable proof to visitors that your products or services have helped others with similar needs and will help them as well.
9.Engaging headers. Engaging headers are necessary on a website to attract the eyes of visitors to various points within each page. Most people scan web pages, looking specifically for the information they want or need. To help this process, writing engaging headers will draw eyes to important sections.
10. Great content. Last but not least your site needs great content. Your words need to be interesting and appealing to get people engaged in your site. Copy should quickly provide the information people want or need using the tone and style that represents your brand.
Lounge Lizard Website Development Company is an award-winning, high-end design boutique specializing in website and mobile app development, UX/UI, branding, and marketing. Lounge Lizard excels in creating the ultimate brand strategy, fully loaded with expertly crafted visuals that work together to increase sales and effectively communicate a client's unique personality.
Media Contact: Scott Darrohn, fishbat, 855-347-4228, email@example.com
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Lounge Lizard
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved