Level 3 Colombia Receives ISO 9001:2008 Quality Certification for Its Network Management Services
March 20, 2017 --
BOGOTA, Colombia, March 20, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Level 3 Colombia S.A, a subsidiary of Level 3 Communications, Inc. (NYSE: LVLT), received the International ISO 9001:2008 quality certification for its network management and administration services for the fourth consecutive year. This certification revalidates the current certificate until September 2018, which covers the provision of administration services, availability management, capacity management, problem management and change management.
Learn more about Level 3's professional services: http://www.level3.com/en/products/professional-services/
- This industry standard confirms the network processes customers request are executed in a high-quality manner. This includes how Level 3 receives, analyzes and executes service change orders.
- Level 3 maintains an ongoing improvement and measurement process program for its professional services. This constant upkeep enables Level 3 to optimize its quality of professional services solutions.
- This worldwide quality management certification confirms Level 3's commitment to maintaining the highest level of professional services management and processes to meet or exceed international standards.
About the Certification:
- The ISO 9001:2008 norm is an international standard that confirms and underscores the commitment of Level 3 Colombia S.A. to optimize its network management processes based on eight factors: leadership; customer orientation; participation of personnel; focus on process management and management system; continuous improvement; focus based on facts and data for making decisions; and excellent relations with providers.
- The company obtained the ISO 9001:2008 certification after an extensive audit conducted by Cotecna (Cotecna Quality Resources), an international leader in inspection, verification and certification of management systems.
Pablo Yañez, Regional Vice President of Connectivity, Media & IP, Level 3 Latin America
"Level 3's regular customer reports and updates are validated by this international certification. This translates to great benefits for our customers. They have access to managed services that are internationally certified for their high level of performance."
About Level 3 Communications
Level 3 Communications, Inc. (NYSE: LVLT) is a Fortune 500 company that provides local, national and global communications services to enterprise, government and carrier customers. Level 3's comprehensive portfolio of secure, managed solutions includes fiber and infrastructure solutions; IP-based voice and data communications; wide-area Ethernet services; video and content distribution; data center and cloud-based solutions. Level 3 serves customers in more than 500 markets in over 60 countries across a global services platform anchored by owned fiber networks on three continents and connected by extensive undersea facilities. For more information, please visit www.level3.com or get to know us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
© Level 3 Communications, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Level 3, Level 3 Communications, Level (3) and the Level 3 Logo are either registered service marks or service marks of Level 3 Communications, LLC and/or one of its Affiliates in the United States and elsewhere. Any other service names, product names, company names or logos included herein are the trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Level 3 services are provided by subsidiaries of Level 3 Communications, Inc.
Some statements made in this press release are forward-looking in nature and are based on management's current expectations or beliefs. These forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of performance and are subject to a number of uncertainties and other factors, many of which are outside Level 3's control, which could cause actual events to differ materially from those expressed or implied by the statements. Important factors that could prevent Level 3 from achieving its stated goals include, but are not limited to, the company's ability to: increase revenue from its services to realize its targets for financial and operating performance; develop and maintain effective business support systems; manage system and network failures or disruptions; avert the breach of its network and computer system security measures; develop new services that meet customer demands and generate acceptable margins; manage the future expansion or adaptation of its network to remain competitive; defend intellectual property and proprietary rights; manage risks associated with continued uncertainty in the global economy; manage continued or accelerated decreases in market pricing for communications services; obtain capacity for its network from other providers and interconnect its network with other networks on favorable terms; successfully integrate future acquisitions; effectively manage political, legal, regulatory, foreign currency and other risks it is exposed to due to its substantial international operations; mitigate its exposure to contingent liabilities; and meet all of the terms and conditions of its debt obligations. Additional information concerning these and other important factors can be found within Level 3's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Statements in this press release should be evaluated in light of these important factors. Level 3 is under no obligation to, and expressly disclaims any such obligation to, update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.
D. Nikki Wheeler
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/level-3-colombia-receives-iso-90012008-quality-certification-for-its-network-management-services-300425508.html
SOURCE Level 3 Communications, Inc.
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved