LOS ANGELES, CA / ACCESSWIRE / November 15, 2019 / Compare-autoinsurance.org (https://compare-autoinsurance.org/) announces a new blog post that explains how much car insurance is really needed in order to be properly protected.
For more information and free online car insurance quotes, please visit https://compare-autoinsurance.org/how-much-car-insurance-coverage-do-you-need-to-be-properly-protected
To legally drive in the US, drivers need car insurance. The minimum car insurance requirements are different in every state. Besides purchasing the state’s minimum required coverage, drivers can purchase additional coverage in order to be better protected in various situations.
The types of insurance that can protect the drivers are the following:
- Liability insurance. It will pay for the damage caused to someone’s car or property by an at-fault policyholder. Liability insurance has two components. The Bodily Injury Liability will pay the medical expenses of a person that got injured by the policyholder, while the Property Damage Liability component will pay to repair the damage done to someone’s else property. A minimum level of liability insurance is mandatory in all states.
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP). This coverage will pay for the medical bills of a policyholder and his passengers, even if the policyholder is at-fault in the incident. Drivers that do not own health insurance are strongly recommended to get this coverage. In some states PIP insurance is mandatory. PIP insurance will also pay for the policyholder’s lost wages.
- Collision and comprehensive coverage. Usually, these policies are sold together by insurance companies. Collision insurance will reimburse the costs to repair or replace the policyholder’s vehicle, even if he was at-fault in the accident. Comprehensive coverage will cover the damage resulted from incidents that are not related to collisions, such as vandalism, theft, fire, extreme weather events, etc. Drivers that live in dangerous zones, own an expensive vehicle, or just want to be better protected should get these coverages. To save money on these coverages, drivers can set a higher deductible.
- Uninsured motorist/underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) insurance. This insurance will pay for the medical expenses and other costs when the policyholder gets hit by an uninsured driver. Drivers that live in states with a high number of uninsured drivers, should consider getting this coverage.
- Gap insurance. This insurance is typically applied to financed vehicles. Gap insurance is a type of coverage that covers the difference between what a driver owes on the car and what is worth at the time of the loss.
For additional info, money-saving tips and free car insurance quotes, visit https://compare-autoinsurance.org/
Compare-autoinsurance.org is an online provider of life, home, health, and auto insurance quotes. This website is unique because it does not simply stick to one kind of insurance provider, but brings the clients the best deals from many different online insurance carriers. In this way, clients have access to offers from multiple carriers all in one place: this website. On this site, customers have access to quotes for insurance plans from various agencies, such as local or nationwide agencies, brand names insurance companies, etc.
“Besides buying the minimum required coverage by state legislation, drivers can also purchase additional coverage that can suit their needs and offer better protection”, said Russell Rabichev, Marketing Director of Internet Marketing Company.
SOURCE: Internet Marketing Company
View source version on accesswire.com: